GringoPost | Ecuador: Getting Ecuadorian residency, applying from US

Logo HTML1

Ecuador-logo HTML40

The Fusion Pocket Radio (Test)

Search HTML3

Getting Ecuadorian residency, applying from US

Hello Friends, The question is, can I apply directly to an Ecuadorian consulate in USA and receive my Ecuadorian Residency visa?

I have heard three different answers:

1) No. The Ecuadorian consulate in US is only serves the Ecuadorian citizens (heard from someone in Cuenca who assists Gringo's to get residency)

2) Yes, but I have to work with an attorney in US (heard from a staff working in the Ecuadorian consulate in Los Angeles).

3) Yes. I can go directly to a consulate and apply (heard from Immigration officer in Cuenca).

Has anyone received residency while in US? Please let me know.

Thank you for your time.